Tuesday, December 21, 2010

King and I


People tell you that once you have a baby it changes your whole life.  To a degree I find that is true but I would have to say that having a baby has more changed me than what my life is day to day. 

I have always been very independent and was determined to have a career.  Brian has wanted children for some time and I just kept delaying because I struggled with how I would balance work and children.  Even when I was pregnant I struggled with how “me” seemed to be lost and now I was just “pregnant”.  I avoided going out with friends or being social for most of my pregnancy because I didn’t want to talk about being pregnant.  I used to tell Brian, I just can’t talk about it anymore, I’m still Nicole, I’m still a person with opinions, likes, dislikes, wants, goals and being pregnant and becoming a mom is such a small part of me.  It wasn’t until the last trimester that I finally started to relax about the whole situation. 

Now that I am a mom, I must admit that I like it so much more than I thought I would.  Even the first day I stayed home with him all by myself, I remember telling Brian that I was scared to be alone with him.  But now I love hanging out with King, I’m going to be so sad and jealous of Brian when I have to return to work and Brian gets to stay home with him.  I never get tired of talking about King, now that he is actually here.  Unlike my pregnancy, I love to take him out and be social with him, but my favorite time with King is when we are at home snuggling, watching him coo and wiggle.  Being a mom has become such a large part of who I am.  I’m still Nicole, but I’m now proud to be a mom and I have so much more respect for all other moms.

Ready to Snuggle and Nibble on those chubby cheeks

So Sad but Soo Cute

He has a little attitude already

I could just eat him up - I call this his candy cane outfit
~Nicole

2 comments:

Team Shelton said...

Yep...babies really are crazy-makers aren't they? But their pretty all-right too.

Laura said...

It is amazing how kids change things, a LOT! They change your whole perspective on life. :) Glad to hear you're loving your mommy-baby time!