Sunday, February 20, 2011

Crazy Coupon Lady

This morning as I was eating my cereal I saw this TV Special called Extreme Couponing.  I LOVED it.  If I was a stay at home mom, I would for sure do this.  What was even more amazing was that most of ladies on this show work full time jobs and do this, I am definitely not that talented.  It is very time consuming from what I have learned.

They basically getting groceries and toiletries for free.  I do coupon and search for deals.  I have even visited many couponing blogs and websites, but I apparently don't fully understand how to work it.  You have to be willing to buy things when they are on sale but after a while you have a storage supply of food.

I was telling Brian that this is how people should build up their food storage.  Then I got to thinking that homeless shelters and other low income programs should hire these ladies to do their shopping for them.  These programs probably hire someone full time to obtain donations, why not hire one of these crazy coupon ladies to do that and to do shopping with very few cash flow dollars needed.

If you took all the money you spend on groceries and toiletries and cut it in half with couponing (I'm pretty sure these ladies cut it more than in half) and put that money in savings, think of how much faster you could...pay off a school loan...or save money for a down-payment on a house...or go on a trip to England.

Ohh..the possibilities.



~ Nicole

2 comments:

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

I have always been amazed by these things myself too. I guess I just don't understand. We had a lady come do a Relief Society meeting, and she bought things she didn't use to get the xtra bucks (CVS) and then spent that on things she did use. I have a hard time buying things when I don't need them, or won't use then, but, then again, if I could get $250 worth of groceries for $7, that would be a different story. Maybe I just need to train with one of them for a while?

The Good Life said...

Nicole there is a guy that coupons and gives his free deals to homeless shelters, he was on TV sometime ago, it showed him in the store with like 100 cases of water that he got for free, I have been couponing (leah got me started again) but nothing like that! I think my last coupon spree I saved a $150 on a grocery bill of 356, not bad but I know if I really work it I can do better!