Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Estes Park ... Hiking

Last weekend we decided to go check out Estes Park.  We brought the dogs and thought we would do some exploring, but there was so much traffic we made a change of plans.  Apparently it was free admission into Rocky Mountain National Park.  Instead we decided to find somewhere to hike just outside of Estes Park.  We found a hike that said it was about 3 miles each way and we thought we would just go about half way.  We ended up doing almost the entire hike, we hiked for 3 hours and I was exhausted!  We probably would have done the entire hike if I hadn't suddenly had to pee.  We went as quick as we could down the hike, but it still took us an hour.  That night I slept for 7 hours straight with out waking up once or turning over, which was great, but when I woke up one whole side of my body was asleep.  I've learned my lesson, I guess I need to slow down and accept the fact that I can't do everything I used to do at the speed/intensity that I used to do them (only 3 more months of this).

Here are some pictures from the hike:

There was a lot of water to cross on the hike - Bandit just splashed right through it but Buddy...
Hated It!
Taking a quick rest
Brian and the Boys

This one is funny - Bandit looks so short and chunky
~ Nicole

3 comments:

Laura said...

Yeah- you're a trooper for hiking while you're 6 months pregnant! Take care of yourself. I hate when I have limbs that fall asleep during pregnancy sleep.

Team Shelton said...

Aw the mountains. We suffered in the heat last week looking for a wooden train while our car battery went dead. You are lucky.

etta said...

you're 6 months pregnant???? you have the smallest cutest little pregnant bellie:) i was a big pregnant lady (and ppl didn't hold back their comments!). you look beautiful and i can't wait for this cute baby to get his little bum here!